Dear Parents/Guardians and Community Members:
This is a gentle reminder: PGCPS Superintendent will hold the 2nd of two public hearings to discuss the FY 2013 PGCPS Operating Budget on Tuesday, October 25th at 7:00 p.m. This is an opportunity for parents, guardians, and community members to be involved in the process and to express your concerns.
Here are some important facts:
- The public hearing is in the Boardroom at the Sasscer Administration Bldg. located at 14201 School Lane, Upper Marlboro. Please click the following link for directions, http://schools.pgcps.org/officedirections.asp?code=10013
- To speak at the hearing, you must be registered. To register, please send an email to email@example.com or call (301) 952-6382;
- Please have your testimony statement prepared for speaking and bring 2-3 copies;
- To be even more prepared, please read the attached presentations (very important)
- FY2011 Budget Close-out - expenditures for FY11
- PGCPS Budget Process - understand the budget process and your role
- PGCPS Approved Budget Plan for FY2012 - where does all of the money go?
- Please forward this information to others.
- This is serious business about the education of our children, the more people who attend the better.
I hope to see you at the public hearing on Tuesday, October 25th. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.
Alexandria Briggs-Blake, PTA President
Ft. Foote Elementary School
S.T.E.P. U.P. Committee Chairperson
Congressional Achievement in Education
MD State PTA Honorary Lifetime Member
Prince George's County Council of PTAs, Inc.
Involving Families and Community for Student Success
Parental Involvement in Education is Key
"People with passion can change the world for the better." - Steve Jobs