Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Parents and PGCPS Network Member Nicole states her views on the movie Bullying.



Over the course of the last few days, there has been a lot of discussion regarding the content of the film "Bullying." My understanding is that the movie has been given an "R" rating because of its overall "RAW" depiction.

I understand that there is a movement underway to either lessen this rating or not rate the film so that it can be viewed by our young people. As a Mother and a Community Orientated Professional, what do I have to do to bring this film to our children?
Further, bullying--whether it be physical and/or cyber bullying is "RAW" and often results in violence and/or self-inflicted harm/suicide. As a Parent, I would rather invest TIME in my child via a couple of hours of "RAW" cinema that may pay future dividends in making our Young People "patient, tolerable, accepting---AND ALIVE!"

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and reply. I have been doing some research on the matter. The link below will take you to the online campaign to bring the film to our market and show the trailer for the film. If you will take a moment to review the information and assist me in spreading the word, I would so appreciate it.~~~Nicole

Your Demand has been counted. Now, SPREAD THE WORD! ----here is the linkhttp://movies.eventful.com/competitions/bully2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos of the 2010 Parental Engagement Conference

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

The Middle School Years

Visits From Engaged Parents and Dedicated Educators