Monday, April 27, 2009

Parent Liaison of the Week: April 27, 2009




Lorena Garrido, Parent Liaison (is pictured on the left)

Recently, to my surprise, my colleagues at Hollywood Elementary wrote letters of support to nominate me for Outstanding Support Employee of the year. I was selected by the County to receive the honor during an awards ceremony on May 13, 2009. It is truly an honor and I am so humbled by it!

I have been working at Hollywood Elementary for three years as a Parent Liaison and my job here has been fulfilling and rewarding. It really feels great to be recognized for coming to work and doing the important job of helping parents feel welcomed and helping them to be involved in their children’s education. After all, a parent is a child’s first teacher and we are here to support the parent in this important role.

In my three years at Hollywood I have participated in some great programs for families, such as Family Night at the Library, the Second Cup of Coffee program, the ABC Club, and English classes. The Second Cup of Coffee Program has been a great way to inform parents on a variety of issues, as well as a time for parents to make friends and feel like they are part of the school community.

I know that many Parent Liaisons work hard and do the same great work as I do, so I feel as if I am accepting this award on our behalf!

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos of the 2010 Parental Engagement Conference

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

The Middle School Years

Visits From Engaged Parents and Dedicated Educators